10 reasons to give your kid a Chromebook
Chromebooks show a lot of potential, and in fact many are saying that it’s not only for business, but also for your kid ‘O’. Why? Here are the 10 reasons to give your kid a Chromebook!
1. It’s Blazing Fast! Your kid will love its performance with a boot time of just 8 seconds. If the Chromebook is sleeping, it will start back up instantly. You’ll be back working or playing in no time! Promising right?
2. It’s quite cheap, portable, and has no moving parts. It may be not as cheap as some netbooks, but it’s a lot cheaper than notebook counterparts. A Chromebook can be yours for $399.99 (Wi-Fi only version from Acer), but we expect these prices to drop drastically as more hardware makers get on board.
3. Chromebooks don’t have any moving parts for it employs an SSD hard drive, which is flash-based, meaning you don’t have to worry about minor bumps, and you can just slide into your bag like a usual gadget.
4. Much Reliable – no need to screw it up, and it won’t crash as much as a PC, or Macs. It’s lightweight tooand since it runs on Google’s Chrome OS. Your kids will love it and will easily learn to get a hang of it, as it doesn’t have too many settings you can fiddle around with, and the file system is pretty much hands-off.
5. Never worry about updates again.
Chromebooks are capable of constantly monitoring and installing updates in the background. It’s just like a web browser as advertised.
6. Less Maintenance Cost – Compared to PCs, Macs and netbooks, Chromebooks will save you a good deal of money. Maintenance is not required really, but of course it needs proper handling and care. Your Chromebook will get faster without you having to do anything.
7. Applications & Multimedia – A perfect all arounder device. It can be used as your multimedia server and with its powerful OS. Managing applications won’t be a problem. It’s easy and as smooth as a breeze. What’s more is that it has all your needed apps. For kids, it comes with pre-installed games like Angry Birds and more HTML 5 apps will go online, and will have many of same the features as native apps that reside on your computer have today.
8. 3G/WiFi Capable – Most kids are kind of internet savvy and want a 3G capable device. Yes, Chromebooks are 3G compliant and it will allow you to access the web on the go! It comes with 100 MB of data per month on Verizon (for two years, at that), which should be enough for light emailing on the go when you’re out of Wi-Fi range. There is a WiFi version too and if you plan on being out of Wi-Fi range more frequently, you can buy data packages for your Chromebook. You can get 1GB of data for $20.00/month, 3GB of data for $35.00/month, and 5GB of data for $50.00/month.
9. Lots Of Accessories – kids love accessories, and there are lots of accessories that work with Chromebooks, and battery life (6 to 8.5 hours) is great. Chromebooks have USB 2.0 ports and a 4-in-1 memory card reader to load up pictures you’ve taken from your digital camera.
10. The Cloud – Because everything on your Chromebook is stored in the cloud, you don’t have to worry if you lose your Chromebook, or it you drop it, or it gets stolen, All your files will be secured and accessible on the fly, all you got to do is get a new Chromebook.